Thursday 21 April 2011

Who? What? Where? When? Why?

Steve Does Dr Who
Sheffield "TARDIS" image © Copyright David Rogers
licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
If you have eyes as sharp as those of the Eagle-Eye Action Man that all right-thinking children still covet, it won't have escaped your notice that Dr Who'll soon be back for a whole new season of sink plungers, bow ties and ridiculously short skirts.

As a lifelong fan, I've been meaning to launch a Dr Who blog for a while and, after a blink-and-you'll-miss-it test run a few months back, the nightmare the world will soon grow to know as Steve Does Dr Who is finally here in its final form.

Basically, each week I'll be giving my thoughts on that week's episode. As my feelings about last year's fare were somewhat mixed, I really have no idea what I'm going to make of the new season. Could it be a descent into doom-laden depression as the show fails to live up to my expectations? Or could it be a happy little hamsters' nest of delight as it delivers just what I demand of a show that I have no doubt I should be starring in?

There's only one thing I do know; in the immortal words of Christopher Eccleston, "It won't be safe."

No comments: